Telekom Networks Malawi (TNM) Company number 4029 was the pioneer mobile network in Malawi. Listed on the Malawi stock exchange, it was established in 1995 as a joint venture between Telekom Malaysia and the then government owned Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL), In April 2007 Telekom Malaysia sold its 60% majority stake in TNM.
TNM is now wholly Malawian owned.
TNM is a strong brand in Malawi. This strength comes from being the first mobile operator and more especially that it is a Malawian company, with innovative products and services.
COVERAGE & TECHNOLOGY
Geographically TNM network covers over 74% of Malawi. TNM operates 3.5 generation network enabling advanced high speed broadband multimedia services, in addition to GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks.TNM offers a comprehensive range of prepaid and postpaid services, these include voice and data connectivity. TNM has been a pioneer of many services in Malawi and became the first mobile operator in Malawi to launch 3.5G broadband services in Malawi offering cutting edge services such as video calls, video and music streaming, high speed wireless internet access services.
Our mission is to be Malawi’s premier mobile company of choice, offering best in class mobile telecommunication services to people everywhere.”
Premier means best in terms of:
• Customer value
• Customer service
• Employee talent
• Consistent and predictable growth
As Malawi’s Premier mobile company we will enable people and businesses to realise their full potential. In doing so, our mobile services will contribute to the growth and development of the Malawi economy.
• Customers: We value all our customers and treat them with respect, providing friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service at all touch points. We never forget that they come to us by choice. We seek and are driven by our customers’ feedback. We are committed to direct relationships and outperforming the competition with value and a superior customer experience.
• Integrity: We operate with unyielding integrity, obeying all laws and adhering to a stringent code of business conduct. We will not tolerate unethical business conduct by our team members. We will act with integrity and respect towards all.
• Excellence: We continually raise our performance to exceed customer and shareholder expectations. We strive to be the best in quality and in everything we do.
• People: We are an equal opportunity employer and we value, respect and empower our people.Providing an environment where diverse individuals can develop and are expected to perform to their full potential. Teamwork is key; respecting new viewpoints, diversity, building trust, enhancing communications, and sharing best practices to deliver world-class products and services.
• Malawian Identity: We are committed to our roots and our corporate social responsibility, Green or otherwise. We share an infectious sense of mission to make an impact on society and community at large. We reach out to and empower our customers in ways never before possible. Our goal is to develop mobile telecommunication services and offerings that are accessible and within reach of every Malawian. In so doing giving every Malawian the means and ability to reach their full potential and allow them to play a full role in the development of Malawi.