WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and energetic team player who will provide efficient and effective services as a driver for the operations and program in Malawi Office.
• Providing driving service to WorldFish projects and general office operations according to official assignments.
• Keeping WorldFish vehicles clean, well maintained, timely serviced and repaired.
• Compiling logbooks and generating fuel analysis reports.
• Compiling vehicle cost analysis reports on a quarterly basis.
• Collecting and delivering mail and carrying out other errands as assigned.
• General office support as assigned by supervisor and other senior staff.
• Office administrative support as assigned.
This job is open to nationals applicants with the following skills and qualifications:
• At least Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• At least 5 years experience as driver with an international organisation and fleet management.
• Valid Drivers Licence (SADC).
• Excellent driving skills and clean record as a professional driver (without accident for at least 5 years.)
• Experience of extensive up-country travel and interaction with local authorities and communities.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and able to communicate and write in English.
• Demonstrate experience skills in vehicle maintenance management.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with an attractive compensation package. WorldFish’s NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Eligibility, Location and Duration
This position will be based at WorldFish’s Country Office in Lilongwe, Malawi. Interviews are expected to be held in September 2020 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in October 2020 for an initial one (1) year fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 23 September 2020:
• A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
• A current curriculum vitae.
• Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, head of HR and peer.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply
Apply to [email protected]
Not any Videos.