Category : Engineering
Tetra Tech is seeking experienced and qualified engineers and construction supervisors to support implementation of the USAID-funded Secondary Education Expansion for Development (SEED) project. Tetra Tech is recruiting for several positions that will be filled over the following months. Please follow the directions below when submitting your application.
Civil / Structural Engineers — Lilongwe (3-5 positions)
The civil / structural engineers will be part of the SEED design team. The primary role of this position is preparing detailed design drawings and construction documents, including preparing detailed engineering calculations, design reports, technical specifications, and supporting development of procurement documents. In addition, this role will support site assessments, monitoring site survey work, construction phase request for information, and other tasks assigned by the Design Manager. This position is based in the Tetra Tech office in Lilongwe.
Experience and qualifications
The Civil/Structural Engineer must have:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or similar
• Five or more years of technical experience preparing design documents and detailed calculations for vertical buildings and/or site development plans
• Prior school design experience is a plus
• Prior CAD or drafting experience
• Proficient using Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Attention to detail and quality
• Interest and willingness to take short term trips to the field
• Demonstrated competence as an engineer
• Professional engineering registration is preferred.
If you meet the requirements for one of the positions, are interested in a new challenge, and are committed to improving professionally, please submit an email to: [email protected] and include the following information in your email.
Subject of your email should specify the project name and the position you are applying for. For example: “SEED —Civil / Structural Engineer” or “SEED — Site Lead”
Include in the email the following items:
• Your full name, current address, and a current phone number
• One paragraph that summarizes your experience and qualification relevant to the position you are applying for and explain why you are an ideal candidate
• One paragraph that summarizes your career and professional ambitions
• Attach your CV to the email in Word or PDF format. Your CV must be concise and highlight relevant education and professional experience to the position you are applying for. Your CV must not exceed 2 pages.
• You may attach a copy of your degree and any professional registration.
• Submission deadline is June 14th, 2019
Not any Videos.