The Associate Procurement will be a key member of the F&A and Supply and Innovations team, providing strategic oversight and planning of the dispenser hardware supply chain. The position holder will manage and coordinate all procurement needs for the Malawi program(s). He/She will be focused in ensuring the lifetime cost of a product is minimized and that the supply chains are well-designed and cost-effective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Country procurement lead:
• Be the point person for all programs to order and manage dispenser hardware orders, program implementation needs such as printing of training materials.
• Coordinate with insurance companies on insurance needs for both staff and property as needed.
• Work with program leads to come up with detailed projections of supply needs based on updated project work plans hence determine supply needs that will facilitate development of procurement plans.2. Administration Supervision
• Manage the administration function of the Zomba office
3. Local suppliers:
• Identify and negotiate with suppliers to ensure transparent and cost-effective sourcing
• Developing order plans to ensure time and cost-effectiveness of orders
• Ensure Adherence to donor regulations and international sourcing.
• Supporting programs/field offices in their procurement needs 4. Supply Chain Strategy
• Using our growth plans, map out options for country procurement needs.
• Develop optimal chlorine resupply models and ensure no stock outs or overstocking
• Map out current supply chain and identify key areas for improvement
• Coordinate the development and management of an elaborate, real time supply chain system that will link all field stores as well as the central warehouse in Zomba.
• Make sure all suppliers have been screened prior to engaging with them as prequalified suppliers.5. Client Serving order lead:
• Be the point person for ordering and managing dispenser hardware and chlorine orders6. Standards and registration lead:
• Work with the authorities in Malawi to have Evidence Action products registered and issued with the relevant standardization certificates.
• Ensure that Evidence Action suppliers for parts meet required quality and industry standards and have the requisite certifications.
7. Review staff advances and payments in Zomba office
• Receive and check imprest requests and returns, ensuring that proper documentation is filed for each transaction and the concerned party has obtained relevant approvals.
Key Performance Indicators
• Oversee local procurements and managing the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to sourcing for bids, analysis, issue of Purchase orders, expediting orders, receipt of orders, inspection, verification of invoices and processing of payments.
• Develop and maintain an elaborate record management plan for Evidence Action procurement unit in Malawi with the aim of ensuring all transactions are properly documented.
• Preparation of vendor contracts, amendments to existing contracts and other contract management requirements.
• Negotiation with vendors and performance appraisal.
• Initiate and manage prequalification of suppliers and tender processes
• Ensure the procurement policy is adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with (DFAAR) for any revisions and updates needed.
• Preparation and publication of tender documents as well as co-ordination of evaluation, procurement and evaluation committees
• Creation and maintenance of preferred supplier list with the help of DFAAR.
• Ensure all donor regulations are met for all purchases including processing of tax exemption for USAID funded purchases
• Verification of invoices and processing payments
• Compile reports and run official errands as requested by supervisor
• Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by supervising officer
• Taking up insurance covers for inventory and property
• At least 3 years’ experience supply chain management
• Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain, or similar field. Significant experience is more important than the correct degree.
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High computer literacy levels
How to apply
The Applications submitted via this electronic platform should be addressed to:
The Senior Associate – Human Resources
Evidence Action Malawi
P.O Box 30498
To apply for this job please visit: evidenceaction.bamboohr.com
Not any Videos.